• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My weekend

southdave

My weekend started at 2:30 am sat. when I got off work in bedford, In.. I haul butt to Cincy to get my 1009 with 101 trailer, I was leaving for Finlay about noon or so.I drove up the street to top of the tank and pack of cigs. notice a knock in the motor, look down at oil preasure gauge, no preasure. got it home. drop the pan ect.. I noticed metal in the pump screen. I shuke the rods notice alittle slope in rear passage rod. I rod cap found a smoked bearing.
I was sick to say the least, I just finish turbo, 700r4, gauge cluster battery relocation, tilt steering and disco ball....
dilemia is to swap out bearing and new oil pump qnd run to fail or wait til I finish going though humvee motor more upset I might have nuked the turbo.

In the mean time, today I re-wire the 1028 ( fire dept had riped out all the wiring for thier equip. and in process removed all the nessary parts for charging) . I swaped glow plug out for ac 60, the truck had AC 11 and AC 13 ???. I had redo the ends and make new battery cables , 12v tie wire to term. block and the Assoc.
2 hrs of trying to get fuel to the pump and to the inectors ect. I went to the store bought 8 ft of hose and pump. 20 min later she runs great... l

Last edited:

Cucvnut

So you spun a bearing in the M1009 but you got the M1028 running? Goodand a bad deal. I bypassed my lift pump and ran an eletric fuel pump. I would just build the 6.5 what oil pressure gauge did you go with?

Last edited:

TCUCV

Sorry to hear about your m1009 but glad to hear your m1028 is running . . . I think you would have more fun in the M1028 off road any how

southdave

sorry no pic attached, Thanks kip I pull the motor out this am, I got m998 motor in can, I going to freshe it up and put girdel on her, then get me some studs for my head..
Sorry been writing to penthouse way too much lately lol

Attachments

southdave

Here what I found out from a buddy of mine who is big into buick grand nationals ..
he look at this week said that my oil feed line was way to big I needed an AN 3 with a restrictor for NOS kit on it. this caused the the rod and possibility the rear main to experince oil stavation. said I am lucky just re ring kit the SOB and good to go..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks