• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

N Arizona M1028

N Arizona

Well now that things are slowing down at work I decided that I need something to keep my busy over the summer. I have a M715 back in Texas that needs a lot of work so I wanted to get a CUCV to pass the time and to have a spare truck around. Well I started looking around GL and set my sights on one in OK City. After paying for it I am the proud owner of a M1028. So get my paid in full invoice and 25 hours of driving later I had it in my drive way.

Attachments

Last edited:

area52

Nice looking truck and welcome to the site. I drive through Joseph City all the time on the way to Califonia. Do you work at the power plant?

N Arizona

So today I was able to start a little work on the truck. When i was at the site we got it running with a jump from a Blazer. I let it charge for 20 min but when I got home it did not have juice to start up. So I made some jumper and used to batteries on my Dodge to jump it and it started right up. I added a can of SeaFoam to the crank case and let it run for a few hours. Still now charge. So i am going to replace the batteries before I start in with the Alternators. Got them out today and could not stand the corrosion so I took out the trays as well so they can be cleaned and repainted. This also looks like a good time to get to some other things while the trays are out (tons of room). So looks like new heater hoses and new drivers side head light (no low beam) are in order.
I also put some back to black on the drivers door and it made a huge difference in how the door panel looked. I only did the driver side and the photo of the passenger side is a comparasion.

Attachments

Last edited:

N Arizona

So once I saw all the room that is available with the battery trays removed I decided to change out a few parts. So when the wife went to town today I had her pick up a few things for me. So it is time for new; lift pump, upper and lower radiator hoses, new heater hose and a new head light. I will try to get all the hoses changed out tomorrow.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks