• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need advice, think I popped a piston :(

n2ojunkie

No I haven't, I've been busy reading my house. I have drove it and everything felt and sounded good. I do plan on pulling the cover again and looking before I drive it back up north for hinting season. I'll check back when I do.

n2ojunkie

Ok here's an update. I thought I had everything fixed, Took it for short rides around my area and everything was good.

I went to make a 150 mile road trip for deer camp and it was a 14 hr adventure. First I had a fuel line break at the ip pump. Fixed that at a gas station. With a 11/16, 9/16 wrench a hammer a 7 mm deepwell socket and an awe. Lol took about 30 min and I was back on the road. About 5 miles later I had a knocking sound, same as before. So I pulled into a park and ride area that had a big over head light. I took the valve cover off and the rocker was loose again. And then I found another one loose.

I knew the engine wasn't going to last long but I had about 45 miles to go so i just wanted to make it to my friends, I can leave it there and figure out what I'm going to do from there. So i tightened them down and went for it. Well that lasted about 10 miles. The rest of it was slow going. At one point I called him and had him come help. I had him pull my with his truck just to go 25mph. Now this is at 3 am in the way back roads of northern Michigan. We seen maybe 10 cars the whole time, just wanted to say that so no one rupture I was doing this on city streets lol. Now I started out at 5pm yesterday and we arrived at 730am today. Not bad for 150 miles in a deuce ha? Lol.

Sorry no real update other than the engine was Eatting it self. I'm pretty sure the cam wore out. And caused the problems. I had over 60 psi. The while time untill the end.

Any one have a lds or a 6bt sitting around they want to give me? Lol sorry for any mistakes. I'm on my phone right now as everything is in the back of the deuce untill I can get to it in a little while.