• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need another my deuce got me home story?

91W350

I think he is into it for around 2,000, I bid on it early and got sidetracked, I could go back and look. He got a very nice truck mechanically, a diamond in the rough. It is much better than initial appearance would lead one to think. Glen

91W350

They were westbound from OKC at noon, filling up with fuel on I40 at the T/A Truck Plaza. He said he has been running around 2300 and 53 mph. The truck has new Titans on the ground, that sounds fast compared to my 2200 at 45ish, but I never checked mine my gps. No phone calls or texts asking for suggestions has to be a good thing! Rock on young men! I must confess I am a little jealous of the trip, I love the unknown and getting home with it. Glen

JDToumanian

If I were worried about losing a belt or a seized alternator leaving me stranded, I'd carry a length of Power Twist belt with me.... This is tough stuff, and they work so well that they are a viable alternative to regular v-belts. I've got about 30' of the stuff here in various sizes and on different machines I own.

PowerTwist Plus V-Belts - Fenner Drives

91W350

They should be home any minute, I keep hoping for a "We made it" text, but this old man has to go to bed. That 0500 stuff is rough low on sleep. Hopefully they are home and showing off now.... Glen

91W350

Thanks to Gimpy, the old girl is charging again, no belt squeal, a pair of new belts and a little time. I did drive it several times in between, a couple of times to work and for parts. I was suffering withdrawal.... I drive it almost every day, I had only missed two since February 8th, now I think I am up to five days that I did not drive it. Filled up the M1008 today, the last time was April 5th!!! And it only took 14 gallons!! Glen

91W350

Congrats on your new recovery, I could not resist, I had to drive it a few times broken. I better get a second deuce in case something major takes mine down!