• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Glow Plug Removal Tool in Dallas/Fort Worth

K9Vic

I am working on a friends CUCV and it has four swelled GP and I need to borrow someones glow plug removal tool. I am going to buy one, but want to get this done by the weekend. I do not want to remove injectors after breaking the ends. I would rather use the tool if someone has one.

Thank you in advanced.
K9Vic

Wolf.Dose

The manuales I own of the CUCV series trucks mention no glow plug removal tool. So I think, there is no special tool existing. The most usual is as I noticed from practice, a craw bar and force. The tip might brake of. So you have to take the injection nozzle of that cylinder out and go fishing for the lost part. I heared of no better way the last 18 years.
Wolf

K9Vic

The manuales I own of the CUCV series trucks mention no glow plug removal tool. So I think, there is no special tool existing. The most usual is as I noticed from practice, a craw bar and force. The tip might brake of. So you have to take the injection nozzle of that cylinder out and go fishing for the lost part. I heared of no better way the last 18 years.
Wolf
Yes there is a tool and it has been discussed here many times, this is the tool.
GLOW PLUG TOOL

EDIT: Link to topic with video of tool
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/61345-glow-plug-removal-tool.html

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are at least 2 different special GP removal tools. Neither was a military specific tool.

Dumpster Diver

A few years back I used the OTC brand removal tool. Worked out just fine on two of the glow plugs, third one broke off. Took a chance and ran the truck and it blew out the stuck piece.