• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Never military issue, m1038?

1969m725

Hello, I am about to trade for what I thought was a military 1038, the truck is white with fire stickers and has the state of Mississippi seal on the side, it does have od green under the white interior paint. I figured these trucks were given to them after their military service. I found this ad and one other by i believe the same seller, with trucks identical to mine. The seller states that the Humvee was never military issue in the other ad and was sold straight to the state. Anyone else heard of early Humvee being sold to fire departments before entering military service? I know that a lot of agencies are now receiving them as military hand me downs, which i figured was what this was. Any input is appreciated, Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There were a few sold straight out for fire service but think they were the Civi H1's, but not 100% sure.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bunch of white m1038 were sold off by GP last year in Mobile. They are Miss dept of forestry ex military surplus. They usually will have an extra data plate that looks military with the Miss dept of forestry info. I don't believe they would have been purchased directly. Do they have the military data plate with serial number?

The ones I saw in Mobile were rough early models with 8 bolt wheels and bias tires.

I purchased a "green" one for parts truck from same batch.

post data plates picture.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks