• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New "C" Turbo Install

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a long and expensive run around(3 turbos to make one) I finally have a fresh rebuilt "C" turbo to install on the deuce. The "D" turbo looks to be a recent replacement and very nice, its going to a SS member who was kind enough to help me get this project on track. Here are a couple of pictures of the progress so far.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken, runs great and better yet screams like a cat stuck in the exhaust stack! Expect to send you a care package soon.

XJChief

Looks great. Does the turbo really add that much power? Something like 15 hp I think is the published number. I've got a normally aspirated duece and have never hand the turbo experience. Am I missing out?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slap on a turbo, turn up the fuel rate and advance the timing and you'll think you bought a new truck!

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had to turn down my fuel (8 flats). I retarded the timing (from 25* to 20*). It does act like a new truck. Increased power, adjustable power, better fuel economy, almost no smoking... JimK

note: I put the D turbo on a LD smoker

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you have a boost guage mounted to the elbow. Any difference in boost between the c and the d?

mangus580

Re: RE: New "C" Turbo Install

FreightTrain said:
where did you get it rebuilt and how much was it?I can get a couple turbos that need rebuilding cheap from shorties.
I think we would all like to know this....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: New "C" Turbo Install

mangus580 said:
FreightTrain said:
where did you get it rebuilt and how much was it?I can get a couple turbos that need rebuilding cheap from shorties.
I think we would all like to know this....
I don't think they want to share!

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a couple of pictures of it installed. I don't have any gauges hooked up, what you see is the ether tube or the plugs for the old flame heater parts. When I said scream I meant whistle of the turbo exhaust. As far as sharing where I got it rebuilt it was from a SS member and I don't want to flood him with requests without asking first to be fair. There doesn't seem to be much of any power difference in the two turbos, just like the sound of the "C" and thats how I remember them when I drove them for uncle sam.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks