• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new chat

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad the normal chat room doesn't have sound, then we could have just called everyone instead of typing to each other!

I'm REALLY glad that the video chat isn't there yet, for when PB is there... ;-)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad the normal chat room doesn't have sound, then we could have just called everyone instead of typing to each other!

I'm REALLY glad that the video chat isn't there yet, for when PB is there... ;-)
He isn't the only one who should be read and not seen......

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Guys, save the temp. chat address as a short cut on your desktop, this way when the "NEW AND IMPROVED" chat takes a dump, you will have some place to go to get away from the smell

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, save the temp. chat address as a short cut on your desktop, this way when the "NEW AND IMPROVED" chat takes a dump, you will have some place to go to get away from the smell
Maybe it should be referred to as a shat room. Where all those go who have diarrhea of the mouth via the fingertips.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surley you have shat to shoot...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've put the "temp" chat back up. I had hoped the vendor would have given me the license.dat file already. But since it's in Chris' name, I'm having to wait. Sorry.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, the "new" chat is sorta working. I dorked with the files to make the clock restart.

Course I probably shouldn't admit that. But we do have a license for it!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New chat is dead again.

I got a screen that said ,

Your max connection number in free version has been reached, please buy a full version!

And, I'm still having that issue with my save button doing nothing after editing a post. This is really is getting on my nerves.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
New chat is dead again.
And, I'm still having that issue with my save button doing nothing after editing a post. This is really is getting on my nerves.
DH, I just left chat...there were 9 folks there?? Was there from 20:00hrs to now...no problems at all.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
New chat is dead again.

Yes, it's going to keep doing that until Chris gets the license.

I've tried countless times to duplicate your save issue. Can't do it. No matter what device I try it on. (And boy do I hate using IE)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes, it's going to keep doing that until Chris gets the license.
I've tried countless times to duplicate your save issue. Can't do it. No matter what device I try it on. (And boy do I hate using IE)
On a side note...I use IE and have small problems occassionally...what do you recommend besides IE?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
D. Any of the above.

Personally, I use Firefox. I've used it for years. (It's a cross platform browser, so I can use it on my windows machines, my linux machines, and my OSX machines)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stupid question here. Will there be a way to see who is in chat before joining in? Usually knowing who is in there sways my decision on jumping in.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When I get the chat stuff resolved, they'll be a few more changes. I'm planning on pulling the sidebar setup and moving who's online and who's in chat into that section.