• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner/Member (WA)

Bonsai4youbyken

Hey all. Just got myself a new project!! 9463_1473099156234.jpg

I'm new here and was curious if you have any recommendations for transporting my new toy.
It's a 1965 deuce and It is currently located in Stanwood and needs to be transported back to Port Orchard. willing to pay anyone to tow it or maybe you have suggestions? P

71DeuceAK

Is it drivable? Could always drive it back, though a "recovery" trip with an unknown truck can be hit or miss.

Nevertheless, congratulations!!! I almost bought a '68 M35A2 as my first vehicle and daily driver, as an 18 year old college student.

71DeuceAK

Thanks! Yeah I only didn't buy it because of lack of money/space (If I'd gotten my dad to go in with me on it as a "project", him being a vintage car enthusiast, and we'd ended up with the 6 acres it looked like we might be living on, I would have snapped it right up). All it needed was tires, it had the original NDTs which were pretty well worn. It had like 30K miles and the seller had just driven it from Michigan to Alaska in a move, so in theory it would have been a reliable enough vehicle for a long distance commute. People usually laugh at me when I tell them I almost bought that as my first car.

dmetalmiki

Was driving and running for the sellers yesterday. Today it seems the injection pump went out. I am not getting fuel past the pump (good pressure up and past the filters)
You have not mentioned if the pump went out Before you payed for it or arranged the delivery method back home. As to the pump. Is the in tank pump working?. (It might well be as deuces will run without it if fully primed.)
If you have it home? check the fuel filters as they may be blocked. there are three filters.
If still where you purchased/are purchasing it, arrange to check it there, or, have the seller check it for you.

Bonsai4youbyken

You have not mentioned if the pump went out Before you payed for it or arranged the delivery method back home. As to the pump. Is the in tank pump working?. (It might well be as deuces will run without it if fully primed.)
If you have it home? check the fuel filters as they may be blocked. there are three filters.
If still where you purchased/are purchasing it, arrange to check it there, or, have the seller check it for you.
I changed 2 of the three yesterday and still wasn't getting fuel past the pump

zanther

Welcome to the club! My deuce isn't ready to help recover yet but I'm sorta on the way, I live near Maltby, so if you need any assistance while en route, let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks