• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Feature - Image Viewing

mangus580

Ok guys, I have added a new feature, and will announce some other tidbits.

First of all... I have increased the image size allowed!!

Yes, we can now upload pictures up to 800 pixels wide/high.

Also, I have implemented a new 'slideshow' feature, that once you click on a thumbnail, you can step through all pics in the post very easy. image.jpg As you can see by what I highlighted, it will give you a PREV/NEXT button when you hover the mouse over it. Also, it gives you your current image # and total, with respect to the page you are on. Basically, if there are 10 images on page 1, but another 5 images on page 2 of the post. You will only be able to slideshow the images available on the page.

Also I am sure you noticed I put this image inline with the text.... I bet you want to know how now huh? After you have added attachments using the attachment manager button, click the paperclip up in your text editing options. You will see a list of the attachments you have added. When you select one, you will insert a bit of code that places the thumbnail inline.
insert_attachments.jpg

You can also see that I have wrapped text around the image.

This works by inserting an '=left' or '=right' after the word ATTACH.

Like so:

Code:
[ATTACH=left]attachment #[/ATTACH]
The attachment # is the ID# assigned when the file is uploaded. When using the paperclip, it inserts the proper # for you. Just add the =left or =right.

You may want to also make sure you use a couple 'returns' after an image if you use the 'right' wrap feature, otherwise it may interfere with your signature. As seen here:
sig_interfere.jpg

This shouldn't happen if using just the standard Attach with now left/right.

I hope this makes sense!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I'll chime in...

At first, I was kind of intimidated by the new site. I had just gotten used to the old one when BAM.... I must say though, the new site is a lot slicker, better looking and once you play with it a while, MUCH easier to use. Personally, I love how the images are turned into a larger slide show simply by clicking on them. Good job!

mangus580

Oh sure... and not it doesn't want to work right?? what gives!

rofl

Nix that... it must just take some time for things to update across the board....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there an Auto resize with the new site(like the old site had)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks