• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New front axle seals dripping oil

yolner

I broke the "don't fix it if it aint broke" law and it appears to be biting me in the rear end. Tore the front axle apart to install all new seals and replace the brake cylinders and adjust brakes. the axle seals weren't leaking before. Now put it all back together and both sides are dripping oil after moving it around the yard.

I followed the Front Axle stepxstep post and I just can't figure out how I could have started a leak where one didn't exist before. Any ideas what I should check when I redo the whole dang job? I already checked the vent and it's not blocked. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't put any RTV on the inner seal retainer when I reinstalled it. Could that cause a leak?

Clay James

I had the same problem. Replaced them 3x and they still leaked and one fell out of the retainer the last time. All the stock type ones are made in China. I found a new style USA made seal and retainer and so far they're the only ones that don't leak.

Ford Mechanic

I had the same problem. Replaced them 3x and they still leaked and one fell out of the retainer the last time. All the stock type ones are made in China. I found a new style USA made seal and retainer and so far they're the only ones that don't leak.
Where did you find it at? I'm fixing to replace mine and would rather use known good parts the first time.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am rebuilding a Deuce right now and would be interested in where you got the US made seal also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks