• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from central Texas

mab

Hello,

I don't yet have any military surplus equipment, but hope to change that before long. I'd like to pick up a diesel generator at some point. I know nothing about diesel fuel or engines. I hope to learn more about both here.

Thanks,
Mike

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We can get you infected with the OD disease pretty quick. :twisted: At one time I lived in Pflugerville and had no military vehicles. Then along came the Unimog, and it just snowballed from there...

Welcome aboard!

Cheers

HETvet

Glad to have you here! Welcome from Fort hood by way of Afghanistan. The diesel bug bites hard and there is no return after. FMVs are a fun hobby to get in to. Personally i don't have any yet. But have been kicking around the idea of getting an M1008 CUCV for curing my need to modify things, decent mileage for a 4wd truck, easy to work on, and capable off roader for my camping and hunting/fishing adventures. With the added bonus of not having to worry about door dings and what not for its duties of daily driving and picking up parts for my other project.
The group here is a friendly bunch. So I encourage you to sit back and enjoy your stay. Again, welcome aboard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks