• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy searching for info: MKT Burners (MBU)

IwantmyMKT

Hello all. Thanks for allowing me to join.
I am looking for info on MKT burners (MBU). Is there a source for new burners still out there ?
I currently am cannibalizing extras for parts.
thanks for any info

Last edited by a moderator:

Jericho

you can get working units and spares on this site and flea bay. There are a number of MKT experts here and believe me they have trouble shot and seen it all. Spare parts are readily availible just run a MBU 3 search for the V 3s MBU 2 for the twos, I had two brand new never fired twos , I converted them to propane (LPG) for about 40$ each with direction from a Steel Soliders thread, look the same , much safer. I have had good luck buying 3s I bought 4 for 100 dollars each free shipping and only had troubles with one . It just needed a 58$ compressor . The 3s run great and are simple to use easy to trouble shoot and fix. I have a complete USAF Desert Tan tarp MKT. two M 59 field ranges , V3 Burners /Huge griddle top . utensils, coolers , the works. Spent about 6 months cleaning , repairing and restoring it . Suddenly not needed, change of plans. Retired and decided to snow bird in AZ So your in the right place for MKT info and support!

IwantmyMKT

you can get working units and spares on this site and flea bay. There are a number of MKT experts here and believe me they have trouble shot and seen it all. Spare parts are readily availible just run a MBU 3 search for the V 3s MBU 2 for the twos, I had two brand new never fired twos , I converted them to propane for about 40$ each with direction from a Steel Soliders thread, look the same , much safer. I have had good luck buying 3s I bought 4 for 100 dollars each free shipping and only had troubles with one . It just needed a 58$ compressor . The 3s run great and are simple to use easy to trouble shoot and fix. I have a complete USAF Desert Tan tarp MKT. two M 59 field ranges , V3 Burners /Huge griddle top . utensils, coolers , the works. Spent about 6 months cleaning , repairing and reinventorying it . Suddenly not needed, change of plans. Retired and decided to snow bird in AZ So your in the right place for MKT info and support!
Thanks for the reply. I currently have one fully operational MKT-99. We do some contract work for the government and I cook on it regularly for groups of 80+ for three meals a day. We have ours painted grey on the outer tarps. I have 12 extra MBUs. I guess I just need to make as many as I can and start a parts shelf. we are also in Arizona. Parker for the winter.

Attachments

Jericho

I like the mb3. But if I were running a regular feeding and felt parts were hard to get. I’d do the LPG, propane conversion. Cost 40 dollars. Parts are a direct bolt in. No moving parts to wear out. Bullet proof. Reliable. Run as long as you got log. More adjustable. Simple valve

IwantmyMKT

I like the mb3. But if I were running a regular feeding and felt oarts were hard to get. I’d do the LPG conversion. Cost 40 dollars. Parts are a direct bolt in. No moving parts to wear out. Bullet proof. Reliable. Run as long as you got log. More adjustable. Simple valve
LPG conversion ? Please tell me more about this

Jericho

sorry was meant to read LPG its an lpg conversion that use a good old Louisanna lpg cooking pot head, It bolts perfect into the body of a MB2 frame you just pull the burner bars, Ill take some photos tommorrw and post them PLUG AND PLAY ! got it on here

Got the head from Home Depot
tt

Log conversion ? Please tell me more about this

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The older style gasoline burners (M-2) are prime candidates for conversion to propane, the MBU's not so much, but the older MBU's (V-100) can be upgraded to the new type (V-103 with wider heat range, runs better in high ambient temps) . Old MBU's have a black oval on the control panel, new or upgraded ones have a red oval. Completely replacing the units with a propane burner is easy and fast.

IwantmyMKT

The older style gasoline burners (M-2) are prime candidates for conversion to propane, the MBU's not so much, but the older MBU's (V-100) can be upgraded to the new type (V-103 with wider heat range, runs better in high ambient temps) . Old MBU's have a black oval on the control panel, new or upgraded ones have a red oval. Completely replacing the units with a propane burner is easy and fast.
Thanks for the great advice. I probably will convert to lpg. I will still continue to service and repair the MBUs

Attachments