• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new injectors and fdc bypassed

m715

Thanks, gimp. I am already on the hunt for parts. I need to find the pilot bushing, anyone know where to get one?

m715

I am gathering up the parts I WILL need and the ones I MAY need. A clutch kit with TO berring a pilot bushing, rear main oil seal and a tranny gasket set. I have a winch so I have a pto tranny. I have a spare tranny I was told was rebuilt but it does not have a pto.

m715

Because I need to drive my truck I added a quart of Lucas To the tranny. After driving for a half hour I noticed the noise was much less and it shifted much smoother. I know this is not a fix, I just want to nurse a few more miles until I get all the parts. I think part of the original problem was my transmission was low on oil before I bought it. I have no previous history of how the truck was maintained.

rustystud

I think part of the original problem was my transmission was low on oil before I bought it. I have no previous history of how the truck was maintained.[/QUOTE]

That is the biggest thing to worry about in all our trucks. We don't know how it was maintained. Mine was bought straight from the military base, but that doesn't mean that all work was performed. Some could have been "put on hold" since it was to be sold. At Metro we did that all the time when a bus was to be auctioned off. Why put in good money and time in a vehicle that is going away.
That is why it is so vitally important to totally check out your truck when you first get it. All brakes must be checked. All fluid levels must be checked or in the case of the engine replaced. Including ALL filters. Check and lube ALL fittings. This really helps in discovering problems. I didn't drive my truck for a year after I brought it home. Yes I drove it home, but then I started on my total check program. It took me a year to totally go after all the things mentioned. I know most guys just buy them and drive them until a problem occurs. That works until the problem cost thousands to fix and could have been prevented in the first place with just a simple filter or something else just as silly.
OK time to get off my soapbox. :rant: