• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New m1101 lights not rite, help

Mikesb

Just about to take my new m1101 elk hunting for th first time (tomorrow) and can't get the lights to work rite

hours spent - last thing I've done is ran new wire (4) from truck to first junction under trailer, unplugged all pins, hooked up to the ground,then connected lt, rt, and markers to the corresponding pins (the ones listed on the forum)
the trailer will work fine and then out of the blue it goes south, turn on the running lights, hit the brakes and the running lights go out / running lights and hit the turn and they all blink. Somehow the marker ad tails are together (sometimes)

once again, I only hooked up 4 wires to the rite pins, all lights will work perfect for a while then wacko

mike

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There is a thread done by emmado22 that is probably the best info out there. I referred to it when I just performed a 4 plug change to my M1101. Sounds like you may have used his info but not sure.

As for what you described, I had a similar action happen recently on a different vehicle. It took a lot of searching but found out the ground wire on one of the lights was loose. Was kinda like you "What the F#$% is going on here!!!!". I would redo your ground wire and ensure it is fully secure and grounded. Then run all of your wires to look for breaks especially on the ground wires.

Mikesb

Got it - it was the truck side. I haul trailers with my truck all the time so I thought for sure it was fine. I think it was the ground on the plug of my truck, put a new plug on the truck and the trailer works solid
thanks a lot, I was kinda at wits end here and really needed the trailer. Off we go hunting, I mean killing
been hunting a few spots in Oregon for 25yrs sense I moved here. Now it's become a pretty big deal for my family, son and daughters hunt together and my gear has finally out grown my long bed f250. So excited about getting to use our new trailer. Thank you so much
mike

Mikesb

Just got back from hunting. Didn't kill anything but it was just what the doctor ordered. Trailer is the nicest thing, it really is bigger then it looks. Check this out, I feel like an idiot but just so you know the run flats work. I pulled the trailer fully loaded well over 4 hundred miles before my son checked the tires and found zero psi in them. Wow, put 30 in each and she worked even better. Thanks again. Mike

DeadParrot

Just got back from hunting. Didn't kill anything but it was just what the doctor ordered. Trailer is the nicest thing, it really is bigger then it looks. Check this out, I feel like an idiot but just so you know the run flats work. I pulled the trailer fully loaded well over 4 hundred miles before my son checked the tires and found zero psi in them. Wow, put 30 in each and she worked even better. Thanks again. Mike
Might want to check out table 1-11 in the TM. If you have the OEM tires, proper inflation is 17+-2psi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks