• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Upstate NY

gearheadny

Hi all, been lurking around the site for a couple weeks now and I finally decided to register up. I'm located up in the Albany area where there's plenty of greenery and a surprising lack of variety in the automotive department.

Been a diesel fan boy for quite a number of years now, never owned one, but have always done my homework. I owned a performance parts company a few years back and always loved that you can get so much out of a diesel power plant!

Fast forward to now and I'm looking into these military rigs that are available, and I have to say I'm almost ready to get into another spectrum of the motoring hobby!

Currently I am looking into getting in to an M923A2 because of my recent fascination with 2.5 and 5 ton truck. This site has been a great source of information for locating the pitfalls and the high points to these aging MVs that are now becoming more available. I'm hoping to get an inspection checklist together for when I finally go to look at one of these rigs.

Thank you for keeping the hobby going and thank you for contributing to this site!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. My parents have a place in Cherry Valley, NY. ZEBEDEE is also from Cherry Valley. There is at least one other member from Cooperstown. There are also many others that are further west. You should be able to find some like-minded people fairly easily.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site Gearhead; or should I say the green disease. I know there are several members in CNY area you may see or meet at the at the Military Vehicle display & Flea market show in Norwich this Memorial weekend. Several of us are planning on a small MV convoy down to the show next Saturday morning the 24th. Will be heading out of Richfield Springs at 9:00 am. Your welcome to join us or maybe see you at the show.
Doug
Welcome. My parents have a place in Cherry Valley, NY. ZEBEDEE is also from Cherry Valley. There is at least one other member from Cooperstown. There are also many others that are further west. You should be able to find some like-minded people fairly easily.

CommoChief

Welcome gearheadny...... You have selected a great hobby/way-of-life to become involved with. You will meet many wonderful people willing to help you at every turn, starting with Jatonka who lives in your neck of the woods. John is an encyclopedia of knowledge pertaining to these vehicles. He also has a nice website with TM's.

Plan on attending the Gilbert Show in the Fall. This is a great place to get parts, meet new friends, and drool......

Bill

CommoChief

Welcome to the site Gearhead; or should I say the green disease. I know there are several members in CNY area you may see or meet at the at the Military Vehicle display & Flea market show in Norwich this Memorial weekend. Several of us are planning on a small MV convoy down to the show next Saturday morning the 24th. Will be heading out of Richfield Springs at 9:00 am. Your welcome to join us or maybe see you at the show.
Doug
Doug....My wife's uncle usually goes to the Norwich Show and takes his 57 Chevy with 500 miles on it. Usually takes the trophy (he also sells Chevy parts). Don't think he will be there this year as his health is not good. That is a nice show though as we have been there a few times but never with our MV.

Have a safe convoy and a great day....Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks