• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Radiator

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very few manufacturers are making 4-cores anymore and if you find one it's probably more luck than anything. Most mfrs reserve the right to substitue a 3-core for a 4-core, since the cooling abililty of newer radiators is supposedly "better".

I have 3-cores in all of my CUCV's and have never had any problems. They don't overheat at all. My civvy truck (with a Banks turbo and A/C) had a 3-core from the factory and has one now and it does an fine job for regular driving. It reaches it's limit in the summer with the A/C on and 8,000 lbs behind the truck. Even then, the 180° high-flow t-stat helps keep it under control as long as you pay attention to the throttle. But it's getting a new Griffin radiator soon so I don't have to worry... 8)

HAWKMAN

I picked up a new, all metal, 4 core for $350.00 at my local rad shop, though the owner did say I was lucky to get an all metal unit as most are alum/plastic but even they are better than nothing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks