• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Tool for the Deuce

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I did it partially right. The AF8 removed the ring on the female connector when I tried to remove the connector after crimping. I was able to put it back on with snap ring tires. I sure would like one of those tools!

Darwin T

is that the crimpers that look like a gear wrench but with 4 pins that push in when you squeese??? i bought a military crimpers for the waterproof connectors about a year after i bought my first truck and they are in my tool bot in the back of my M109a3. i have never had a reason to use them, but you are so happy to get yours i must be missing out. this week-end i am going to get them out and get my box of packard ends and make some jumpers. i replaced the whole wiring harness front and back on him so i did not need to splice anything and that fixed all of my headaches, at least my electrical ones. i think i will see if i can find some good sections on my old harness and cut and use that.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are great tools. I like the idea of the turned down bolt for the spring bands for the female connectors. My AF-8 is my favorite free tool. (Was given to me by a retireing aircraft mechanic!):beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks