• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mark63

As a newbie to the forum I would just like to say Hi to all members. This is the first forum I have ever been a part of and I think its going to be a steep learning curve for me.

I am an English ex-pat now living in France and I have owned my M1008 for two years now, she has been working great in all that time until a few days ago:-( and that is what has prompted me to become a member rather than view the forum as a guest. (I know I should have joined when I bought the truck!).

My immediate concern is to get back on the road as soon as possible so I need some help in finding parts. I need to purchase a new flywheel as teeth on the ring gear are missing and its killed the starter motor.
Can anyone recommend a good parts source for the ring gear to me?

Any advise/contacts will be very much appreciated.
Mark

TyJustice

Site didnt go to product.

enter year, and make, I put in k5 blazer-click on flywheel option on list.

Flywheel third one down.

91W350

I just went dowtown and ordered mine from the auto parts store. When you get it, make sure it has that large counterweight spot welded in... The 6.2 is externally balanced and will self destruct without it. Glen

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS and OD addiction Mark!

You might want to follow the below link and find some members closer to you and find out where they get their parts locally. Transport is going to eat your lunch crossing the pond!

Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite (This the old SS site)

Once the page loads, go to RESOURCES and click on member locator map. It is not the most up to date, but should help some.

Good Luck!

Mark63

My flexplate has arrived!:p And I would like to thank you all for your help. Its taken a bit of time, mostly due to shipping. For anyone else in europe needing parts from the USA here is a very brief summary of my experience, I hope it might help someone somewhere.
1) Listen to the guys here on SS, helpful and good advise too.
2) Find parts suppliers in USA on interent (easy). But finding one that ships outside continental USA not so easy. They suggest using freight forwarding organisation (Bongo). OK me thinks, no problem. However my French bank card cannot be used for any of this because of 'security'.
3) I found an American parts supplier in the UK, (American Auto Parts in Surrey). Wojtek the owner was brilliant and very helpful. Parts Ordered and to be shipped to my daughter to bring to France whist on holiday.
4) Flexplate part of order was delayed in shipping from USA, daughter came and went.
5) Flexplate finally arrived in UK. Same problem with French bank card!:twisted: (I don't understand as the card should be international, bank unhelpful, staff just say 'je n'est ce pas' (Dunno!)).
6) I asked my other daughter to pay for the parts from her UK bank account, had the delivery address changed to my friend who happened to be taking his holiday here. Parts dropped off this afternoon.

The good things, See 1 above, I have the parts (flexplate with welded on balance weight and some service parts), Wojtek and his company are excellant, I saw my family and friends.
(Incidently, the flexplate cost from Wojtek was not too disimilar to the US prices.)

Not so good things, the bank (no suprise really!), delay in shipping messed up all plans which effectively doubled the delivery time to almost a month.

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow............fitting a flexplate!

And I think I've got the bug, been looking at M1009's as a daily driver!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks