• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newest Pur. M1008 out of Little Rock

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw a really nice M1008 at Fort Robinson in Little Rock when I was picking up a M101 I had won and realized it was the truck the ARNG yard guy had been driving around the base for years, really nice shape and I need a pickup that was 4x4 and hefty so it looks like more manuals to read!

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it cranks and runs, I will have to check everything else! Have you seen one with a 3 in receiver hitch, I hope a civi one will fit?

J.Z.

receiver hitch

I fabbed up a couple of receivers for mine.......front and rear..I think this is what you are thinking about..made from common year receivers...

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the first one, the flush mounted one, is it a comercial mount or did you build the whole thing. I have a 16 foot car hauler I want to use it to pull, nothing for long hauls just moving my stuff from one storage area to another and short hauls to shows. I have read some of the threads already but it sounds like 55 is about the best highway speed for the truck.

mr.travo

My heart skipped a beat there for a second! I thought that was the 1008 I used at work before I retired. Looks pretty close. The only difference is the seat wasn't ripped and the tires were different. If it was I could tell you what all needs fixing :mrgreen:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Travo:
I think it was used at Camp Robinson, but it still could be, there is only a quarter size tear in the center of the back seat and the wheels/tires were switched before it was turned in, so who knows? I really didn't pay much attention to the truck while I was there, I only started to consider buying it after I left the yard and realized it meet most of the requirements for the truck I was looking for, and an MV as well!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks