• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non standard camo

Have a M1031 with 1008 box (and eventually an Alaskan camper on the back) which I would like to paint in a scheme for winter use in northwestern Canada.

Trees mostly will have no leaves (mostly birch and poplar/pine with some jackpine). Driving will be outside treeline in foothills so also small brushes but basically open terrain.

Was thinking of Arctic CADPAT or CARC/NATO 3-color arctic but can't find patterns and color charts. All I have found is the older 4 color pattern - which could work as kind of a modified snow with trees (colors to be white, dark green, sand and field drab)

Any suggestions?

Alredneck

Banned
Yea check out the price of Dura coat and then think how much it will take to do a truck! Cool yea! Practical probably not.

Spray bomb that Biiiatch! That way it will be easier for up keep and fix if you have to change body panels from field damage!

Thanks for the diagrams - but isn't that much black a bit much for an arctic treeline cam? I have been looking (unsuccessfully) for a table like that in TB 43-0209/TB 43-0147/TC5-200 that lists percentages of the different colors and how they vary for different environments.

Wouldn't White (1), Forest Green (2) and Field Drab Brown (3) be better? (similar terrain to that found along the Alaska highway near the Canadian border ie scrawny firs and stunted poplar/birchwith lots of snow...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks