• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP218 shims to adjust end play

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hola peeps, tore down my NP218. Now rebuilding but missing a few items.. Found most parts but stumbling on these shims for end play.. I’ll post picture below. Item is #6. Part number for kit is 5740228... I would just measure my shim but it's worn out to badly to get any measurements.. If anyone has an idea on those measurements I’m sure I could find a suitable replacement. Thanks for any info..

Ocho out

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hola peeps, tore down my NP218. Now rebuilding but missing a few items.. Found most parts but stumbling on these shims for end play.. I’ll post picture below. Item is #6. Part number for kit is 5740228... I would just measure my shim but it's worn out to badly to get any measurements.. If anyone has an idea on those measurements I’m sure I could find a suitable replacement. Thanks for any info..

Ocho out
I find it hard to believe that no one here has rebuilt a NP218.. Surely someone knows what the shim dimensions are... Uggghh I'm at a loss here. Guess ill dig out the micrometer and try to figure it out..

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it comes in a "kit" then it is most likely controlling the end play of that shaft, there should be a spec for that.
I know this is not much help but I am in the process of buying a 218 but it would likely be 2-3 weeks before I get it and tear it down.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your shim is worn out, the surfaces it rides on may also have some wear. If that is the case you would likely need different thickness of shims to bring the end play into spec.
I did try looking for a while, I couldn't find any shims specific to the NP218 transfer case. If you have anyone nearby that does transmission rebuilds you might go talk to them and see if they have anything that would work (take in all your parts with you so they can measure if necessary)
A set of shims shouldn't really cost that much if you can find something more common with similar dimensions.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your shim is worn out, the surfaces it rides on may also have some wear. If that is the case you would likely need different thickness of shims to bring the end play into spec.
I did try looking for a while, I couldn't find any shims specific to the NP218 transfer case. If you have anyone nearby that does transmission rebuilds you might go talk to them and see if they have anything that would work (take in all your parts with you so they can measure if necessary)
A set of shims shouldn't really cost that much if you can find something more common with similar dimensions.
FOUND.... I was purchasing some pieces for the transfer case from member Action and after searching relentlessly for days, Action came across the shims hidden at Kascar... I had just spent an hour on their site and never came across them. Thanks again to all and Action for the help.. If anyone needs the shims, they are 5740228 and are under $5.00

Thanks again all

Ocho out

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did not see it on their site, called and they took care of me right away!

Last edited:

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron and the team at Kascar do a great job. He even sourced a little part for me that I was needing to fix one of my mirrors. They go above and beyond in my eyes. I see some prices here and there a little cheaper but for the convenience and knowing I will always get what I order, it’s a no brained for me. Kascar has excellent prices, service and inventory. Glad you got the parts you needed.

Ocho

“Not a paid spokesperson” 😂😂😂

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks