• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil in the with the fuel

REDWOLF

I have been running 2 cyle oil in my m1009 when i fill up but i have a line on some cheap motor oil not waist oil fresh never used in quart oil contaners. Could i use this in place off the 2 cycle oil in the tank. Would it matter what wait it was? Would i have to fillter the new oil sence it has never been used?

CROM

I've got to add on here....what type of used oil is OK? I've got a whole bunch of 5W-30 from past oil changes on the wifes car. If I filter it well enough and mix with some diesel, can I throw 'er in the tank and save a few bucks?

rnd-motorsports

I use motor oil mixed with diesel with no side affects ! new oil just put it in! ,used oil I run threw a filter then dump it in with diesel fuel. I run about a 60% diesel and 40% oil in the warmer mouths with no side affects I have a spin on fuel filter rated for 5 micron rating I change it about every 4 th oil change. the oil makes the $4 dollar a gallon go alto farther . I do not see any difference in waits but would mix a little less if you use like straight 50 wait, 10w30 or 10w40 or less no problem when mixed with fuel really thins down that my opion I like the cheap fuel!!! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks