• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil leak

serp

when i shut off engine on deuce oil leaks from bellhousing for about 2 minutes.while engine is running there is no leak. after shut off leak is almost instant stream for a couple seconds then turns to a drip then stops.is this the rear main seal or ??

Boatcarpenter

Hey serp, do a search for Bjorn's road trip to California, I think you will find some good info there! Jonsey(Baby Hemmt) helped him do one in his yard!! Good luck!!

billymac61

Had the same problem, ordered a new rear main. Was driving it before I had a chance to change the seal and heard a popping noise and the problem went away.Upon inspection found mud doppers had built a nest in the crankcase breather hose causing the crankcase to build pressur forcing oil thru the seal. Thats been a year ago and still not leaking

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks