• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, now I need help

welpro222

I pulled my valve covers tonight , because my ARP studs were leaking. I discovered I have coolant goop coating the inside of the valve covers and spots on the valve train. After I reseal each stud how can I clean this mess? Degreaser?

I'm just glad I didn't ruin my engine, I hope? I drove about 120 miles with the leakage.

Also can I pull one stud at a time to reseal with teflon tape and retorque to 100lbs? I just replace headgaskets 120 miles ago and added studs. I used Perm Thread sealant with Teflon and guess it wasn't right. Yes, I did tap out and clean all holes and studs first.

Last edited:

Cucvnut

Really dude really. ? Do yo uhave any idea what your doing? Why don't you ask your gm mechanic friend who hates 6.2 motors show you want to do. You were allready told by the mode to keep your posts in one thread. Like people say its not broke don't fix it. Why did you change your bolts to studs anyways?

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
Why do you KEEP making new posts about the same problem. Your going to get kicked. You have been told a few time before to stop doing this and just to add to your first post.

And as for your problem I have told you what you need to do in the other 3 new posts you made on this single problem.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now your on moderation, for not using the forums propperly. That means your posts need to be approved by a moderator, before they post. I explained to you how to use the forum correctly, you ignored my advise. Get with the program or go post new threads daily(for the same continuing issue) elswhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks