• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old Fat Guys needing more room

wmmscott

I know that most of you fit well in your military vehicles. I am not one of the lucky ones. Too big. On both my WC-62 and my M35A3, I took out the steering column and took a piece out of the center, and then put them back together. Make sure you don't take off so much that your knuckles hit the windshield, as in the WC, and I did leave enough room for the CTIS unit on the M35A3.

Also another tip for the older guys on big trucks. With knee problems, I have trouble climbing up into the cab. I mounted a cable step under the drivers running board, and then in the jerry can holder, I took an old 5 gallon jerry can that had rusted out, and cut it in half. I paintged it and strapped in the top half, and I use it for another step. I get lots of stares, and people saying that they've never seen a can that size, but hey! It works for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks