• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OUT AND ABOUT WITH MY HMMWV

M1165A1

We just survived 9 days Buffalo Chip rock concert line up/camping at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota. A real good time to be had if you can restrain yourself from the "hard partying" and stick to the fun stuff.

Line up that we attended at the Chip was Bad Wolves, Travis Tritt, Quiet Riot, Aaron Lewis, Dasha, Jelly Roll, Hinder, Buckcherry, Kid Rock, Great White and Bret Michaels of Poison.

Met hundreds of great people, camped with 8 friends and others, spent time in Sturgis, spent 2 days at the Full Throttle Saloon just 10 miles down the road. When we pulled up there, we asked the security guy in a side by side where we can park, he took us up to the front and pointed at this mound of crushed asphalt. Said, try here... So we did. Luckily he was so safety conscious he placed a traffic cone at the back end so the bikers wouldn't run into us :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 929376
View attachment 929377
View attachment 929378
View attachment 929379
View attachment 929380

I just got back today, great event. But I took my two wheeled ride and the HMMWV ;),

M1165A1

It was a good time, wasn't it? Bret Michaels did suck pretty bad, disappointing. But the others were awesome.

Besides us, the only MV I saw was this deuce, but never did meet the owners. I love his unit designation on the bumper :ROFLMAO:

Didn't see any of the concerts or frankly do all that much in Sturgis other than get a three hole change on the Road Glide. Instead I rode the Black Hills, Needles Highway, Mt. Rushmore, Custer, then hit Devil's Tower to the Little Bighorn National Monument up in Montana on the way back. 1600 miles in three days was a haul and I am still wiped out today.

1723504403215.jpeg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a knee replaced on Aug. 12th so I was ecstatic yesterday when I went out to the shop and could crawl into the DuraVee.
Man. it was great to get out on the road again today in the DuraVee even though it was only a 45 mile jog to the doctors office!
The fact it rained so hard on me on the way back home after Chinese food at the restaurant in Portland that is owned by the sister of the owner of my favorite Chinese food restaurant in Beeville that I actually lost signal to my GPS speedo for about 10 miles did not dampen my spirits, I mean it was coming down like a cow peeing on a flat rock!
This does answer the question whether or not the electronics like the ECM/TCM/TCCM are adequately protected during extreme weather including heavy accumulation of water on the roadway during high speed driving, it also reminds me to put some weatherstripping between the cowling and windshield frame as I was also getting peed on pretty well in addition to needing a ww wiper on the INSIDE of the windshield!
How's that for back in parking! and they say pain meds and driving do not mix :ROFLMAO:
IMG_20240903_104044562.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had a knee replaced on Aug. 12th so I was ecstatic yesterday when I went out to the shop and could crawl into the DuraVee.
Man. it was great to get out on the road again today in the DuraVee even though it was only a 45 mile jog to the doctors office!
The fact it rained so hard on me on the way back home after Chinese food at the restaurant in Portland that is owned by the sister of the owner of my favorite Chinese food restaurant in Beeville that I actually lost signal to my GPS speedo for about 10 miles did not dampen my spirits, I mean it was coming down like a cow peeing on a flat rock!
This does answer the question whether or not the electronics like the ECM/TCM/TCCM are adequately protected during extreme weather including heavy accumulation of water on the roadway during high speed driving, it also reminds me to put some weatherstripping between the cowling and windshield frame as I was also getting peed on pretty well in addition to needing a ww wiper on the INSIDE of the windshield!
How's that for back in parking! and they say pain meds and driving do not mix :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 930898
Looks to me like you hit the parking spot square on!
And you didn't have to occupy a handicapped spot either...

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to me like you hit the parking spot square on!
And you didn't have to occupy a handicapped spot either...
I did not even notice how well I nailed the parking spot until looking at the picture.
Even though I am considered permanently physically disabled by the state of Texas I rarely use a disabled spot, there are too many folks out there that are much more disabled than I am, when the wife catches someone using a handicap spot that is obviously not she will yell at them that the spot is for the physically handicapped not the mentally handicapped :LOL:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I did not even notice how well I nailed the parking spot until looking at the picture.
Even though I am considered permanently physically disabled by the state of Texas I rarely use a disabled spot, there are too many folks out there that are much more disabled than I am, when the wife catches someone using a handicap spot that is obviously not she will yell at them that the spot is for the physically handicapped not the mentally handicapped :LOL:
OFF TOPIC

Too many times I have had to decline requests for handicapped parking permits that were requested for “questionable” reasons.

Mog, as usual, you have my respect.

M1165A1

Decided to test out the new air compressor today (install pics here). So I went up Buffalo Pass to the Fish Creek Reservoir, which is 9800' elevation abd about 16 miles up an off-road trail.

I aired the tires down to 19 psi at the trailhead and I absolutely flew up the mountain. I was taking the hard ruts, washboards and rocks like they didn't exist. Never been that comfy in the HMMWV. Returned to the trailhead and aired up to 37 psi at each tire and drove off.

1725744644469.jpeg

1725744662390.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks