• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ouverson Lock outs HEAVY DUTY SEALED 575 bucks!!

hot rod deuce

the remco has to be able to hold the same TQ as the 1410 joint right? you would think the engineers would have made it that way. What is there to not be heavy duty enough? the outer spline is 3 inches across so it only needs to be 1/3 the stregth as the 1" (1/1/4?) slip yoke right? as for the shifter part, it might be a little exposed but i plan on making my own air shift anyway.

Also i dont plan on turning the rear axle at all on longer voyages so mine needs to be able to handle 2200+OD

IM GOING TO EBAY!!

hot rod deuce

HAHA yeah i saw thay right after i said i was going to look. Thats too small for sure. I guess that that 1410 series is a little more rare. Maybe anything with a 1410 is too big to tow behind an RV?

rmgill

If one of you makes one of these, I'd bet you could make more and sell them to us regularly. I know I'd start budgeting for one.

readyman

HRD, rdixiemiller, rmgill,

Here is the basic concept using the original interaxle(2). A full 3 inch spline engagement on both ends. That'l hold.

Seems like there is a engineered 3-1/2 spline travel on the original. But the wear marks show only about a 1/2 inch travel.

Does anybody know how much the interaxle splined joint travels during rear axle movement? I have to 'design in' some clearance(like in the third picture) when the axles move.

spicergear

As far as movement of the axle and it's compression of that jackshaft...I'd think that on flat ground the shaft is going to be as compressed as it's going to. Any movement up or down of either axle, or both, is going to have the slip yoke pulling apart. The only time I can figure that they'd be any closer would be if the truck was jacked up and both rears were off the ground the suspension links would pull them together. So, that being said...if the truck is jacked up you got other problems and the only other time that might happen is if the truck were to be jumped. Heh,heh...I don't think the jackshaft would be the biggest worry then-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks