• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint codes Vietnam era 24087 or 24084

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I did do some searching.
Found a some drab green drab code and a tan code.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/module...phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14501&highlight=depot

But....
Does anyone have a Home Despot or Lowz exterior latex paint code?
Vietnam era 24087
or

I am looking for the semi-gloss ODs.
I don't have any semi-gloss parts to have them scan.
DOes anyone know if I take them a flat OD part to scan, then they mix it with a semi-gloss base, will it be the same?

It is either a semi-gloss green or I am gonna shoot it with a really cool gloss orange....

Thanx in advance.

vtdeucedriver

quarkz said:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/module...phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14501&highlight=depot

But....
Vietnam era 24087
or

DOes anyone know if I take them a flat OD part to scan, then they mix it with a semi-gloss base, will it be the same?

It is either a semi-gloss green or I am gonna shoot it with a really cool gloss orange....

Thanx in advance.
I will let my avitar explain my look.........Latex?...........................why not buy the enamel paint that is the right color?

Rapco or Army Jeep Parts are both dealers for Gillespie paint.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
quarkz said:

But....
Vietnam era 24087
or

Thanx in advance.
Two answer your question about is the flat OD and making it semigloss - not really, while in THEORY the color is identified by the last four digits of the FS number, the reality is the FS 595A 24087 is one of the few exceptions to this rule - FS 34087 is NOT the same color.

There is a stick at the top of the deuce forum that goes into detail about the importances of specifying FS 595, FS595A and FS595B (currently, the standard is FS595B - BUT that is changing in the next few months.)

As for "why latex rather than enamel" - I presume you are painting the wooden components with latex and trying to match the enamel of the steel components?

Best wishes,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks