• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint color

choll

anyone know the name of the green paint the army is currently using on their trucks. Rapco has to many greens for me to choose from.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sherwin Williams makes the CARC that is being used.
Gillespie makes the substitute (color matches but is not CARC). As stated above, 34094 "383 green". Available from RAPCO and others in one gallon cans or spray cans.
I used the Gillespie and it's a good, tough paint.

choll

The 383 is what I currently have on the truck the current paint being used is much darker. The green might be a mute point. Laying in bed last night I started toying with the idea of going desert since I live in vegas.. Have owned 6 of these always went camo or plain green. Time for a change I think.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guessing OD green (Olive drab)
Looked at their list, Its most likely 34086- Lusterless olive drab (current issue)
The CARC substitute is definately "383" Green. You have to remember most of the CARC paint on our vehicles by the time we get them is very faded. New CARC is actually a little darker than most trucks we see.

emr

Allen the paint guy has it in the hobby form from arvoe, i have used it and love it, when i park next to the current issue trucks they match right up. 609 953 1003 is his number, nice guy easy to reach and ships fast,