• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

painting my deuce

DanMartin

There are several shades of green that these trucks were painted in, depending on branch of service, year of service (era you are trying to replicate) and general color (camo, semi-gloss OD, etc). Are you wanting CARC style paint? Just a simulated finish?

Maybe a bit more information about your truck and what you're trying to do with it.

I did a google for "Military Paint" and got several hundred interesting hits. There's also a lot of info in the forums here...a quick search will turn up a bunch of treasures, especially on prep, primer, and of course the paint itself.

Hope that helps...

deess

not sure of any of the tings you asked except its a 1969 deuce with a fading camo paint job. i just want to paint it olive drab green i beleive its called . i will google it but sometimes what you think your getting is not really what is sent to you , so i was hoping someone already painted theirs and maybe had a color code or brand or part number. i just want a dull finish. thanks shane

Elwenil

It really depends on what color you have in mind. There are many shades of OD green that have been used through the years and it's up to you which you choose. Take a look through the picture galleries or search the net for MV pics and post up or link a pic of the color you are interested in and I bet the guys here can tell you what color it is and where to get it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call RAPCO in TX, they have all the correct colors depending on what era you want it to be painted like.