• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger side tire cupping

Scrounger

It just seems to be the nature of the beast that when the tires are toed in to far, the right tire wears out. One of my 818s would eat the right tire in a couple hundred miles of highway driving. The toe in was off by 3/8th of an inch. After adjusting it to 1/32nd of an inch no more tire wear.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your king pin bushings. If they are worn they can cause alignment & tire wear problems.

Ok guys I checked the king pin bushings all good measured drum to drum same in front and back.I had a shattered brake pad and bad bearing on drivers side.I also flipped rear hubs and wheels so the all the tires track the same after I tubbed the wheel wells.I read on a bunch of forums that might be an issue.

texas30cal

I have the cupping issues with the outside edges of my 9.00x20 ndt's on both sides of both trucks, have tried 1/32 toe in and zero toe in. Maybe it's just my eyes but these axles appear to have a bit of positive camber built into them?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You all also need to remember, once tires start wearing in one manner, the wear will continue in that manner even if the issue is repaired unless new rubber is installed.

texas30cal

We rotate to a near new condition pair for the front and less than 1000 m later it's showing up again. Wheel bearings have all been checked, tie rod ends are tight and no slop that we can detect in the steering knuckle bushings. I just read about the shocks possibly causing it? These I have not checked out yet.