• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Peppy Deuce

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to much smoke, twisted to tight. But then it is his toy and his to do with has he wishes. He did handle the truck well, and our offroad experience says the NDCC tires in this application will out-perform the XL's or any single tire for that matter. They are only better when not breaking new paths in soft soil or snow.
Another 2500 pounds in the back would make a big difference.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Has anyone heard or spicing up you diesel with some gasoline?Like say a gallon of gas to 49 gls of diesel?Or is that just crazy.
The multi-fuel will actally run on straight gasoline but it is an "emergency fuel" only.

Diesel gets its heat from the oil in it...it burns a lot hotter than gas but slower.

You get more work out of diesel than gas.

I put gas in my "special blend" to thin out all the other crap I am burning....I use a 30-30-40 mix of gas-veggie-WMO...it is cheap and the deuce loves it.

In very cold temps you can add gas to keep diesel from gelling up.

The key is filter, filter, filter.

Heavysteven

Thanks for posting the video. The chrome stack, paint, and visor look good. Always like videos of poeple taking the duece to the extreme.

Mine will never go above the front hubs, to much maintenace afterward. I hope his seals, axle vents, and hub flange gaskets are good.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to much smoke, twisted to tight. But then it is his toy and his to do with has he wishes. He did handle the truck well, and our offroad experience says the NDCC tires in this application will out-perform the XL's or any single tire for that matter. They are only better when not breaking new paths in soft soil or snow.
Another 2500 pounds in the back would make a big difference.
Completely agree Sir!

Josh

I almost got stuck in wet grass with NDCC's, Aaron, Sro, WSU, and ARC where my witnesses. I ended up having to lock in the front axle to even get moving, and this was with 3 105 axles + tires in the bed, that was about 1500-2k lbs

nevrenufhp

Those old multifuels can only spin to 2800, and sometimes dont stay together there. It needed more tire speed, from what I saw. A better engine suited for more rpm would be a Cummins 6BT, or a DT360 International. They can see well past 3k and live. I've even had my modded DT466 running at 3100 in a mud bog. Side note, a stock diesel like that wont spin that high.

ATC

Even if I dropped my 325hp/610ft-lb Cummins in my Deuce, I doubt I could get it to run like that one! It must be nice to have some power...

alphadeltaromeo

Even if I dropped my 325hp/610ft-lb Cummins in my Deuce, I doubt I could get it to run like that one! It must be nice to have some power...
Well, perhaps if your 325hp/610ft-lb cummins was dead :roll:

The deuce is great and all, but a nice cummins would really make it sweet :mrgreen:

Great vid though!

militarysteel

you don't want to run a multifuel much past 2300, 50 to 53 mph ( with stock tires )
you will throw a rod. right at 2500 is like the gage says, danger, not danger and past.

but like others said its your toy , do what ever you want, if you don't care. heck drive it like you stole it,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you don't want to run a multifuel much past 2300, 50 to 53 mph ( with stock tires )
you will throw a rod. right at 2500 is like the gage says, danger, not danger and past.

but like others said its your toy , do what ever you want, if you don't care. heck drive it like you stole it,
Shhhh, please don't tell any of my multifuels that. They run @ 2600 for hundreds of miles at a time, loaded and empty. If they found out and pooped a rod, I'd have to dig out one of my canned motors!

GoldComet6

In the video the Deuce was spinning one front tire like crazy. So....tell me again why Deuces didn't have locking differentials or at least one with limited-slip??? :cookoo:

Wouldn't that make just as big of an improvement, as better tires and more weight in the back? [thumbzup]

Last edited:

Barrman

You have think in the "pack mentality" the military traveled by. A single M35 going someplace was not near as common as 4 or more going someplace. By number, 25% or so of trucks were winch trucks. Also, for the most part. Logistical supply trucks didn't go anyplace the engineers hadn't been first. Or at least a tank or two first since us in the Cav were always in front. Taken the trail that would get you there was more important that giving the drivers a chance to play in the mud.

So, if you had a pack going someplace, they were sent or should have been sent by a route that would have gotten them to the destination and in theory, there was at least one winch truck along. Why should they go to the expense in purchase price, parts, upkeep and other related breaks to add lockers to a truck that did exactly what the military asked the truck to do?

Would I like to see lockers in my trucks? You bet. Am I glad they didn't have them while in the care of soldier a, b and c? Yep.

GoldComet6

You have think in the "pack mentality" the military traveled by. A single M35 going someplace was not near as common as 4 or more going someplace. By number, 25% or so of trucks were winch trucks. Also, for the most part. Logistical supply trucks didn't go anyplace the engineers hadn't been first. Or at least a tank or two first since us in the Cav were always in front. Taken the trail that would get you there was more important that giving the drivers a chance to play in the mud.

So, if you had a pack going someplace, they were sent or should have been sent by a route that would have gotten them to the destination and in theory, there was at least one winch truck along. Why should they go to the expense in purchase price, parts, upkeep and other related breaks to add lockers to a truck that did exactly what the military asked the truck to do?

Would I like to see lockers in my trucks? You bet. Am I glad they didn't have them while in the care of soldier a, b and c? Yep.
What??? I just assumed that John J. Rambo was out there driving an empty Deuce all by his lonesome in SE Asia!!! rofl

Good point Barrman. I figured that cost was a factor, but guess I didn't think of it from that perspective. They would have mutual support!

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks