• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic request - rear identification lights - 3 red lights

sed6

I'm considering adding what the DOT calls rear identification lights, the three reds in a row generally required on vehicles wider than 80" to the rear of my M925. I've seen a few pics here, mostly from members in tedious inspection states, but a search hasn't turned any up. I'm trying to get some ideas as to what type of light I want to use and where to locate them. Pics or links to pics would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Skullmaster

Here is mine, I used little led markers that I got from northern tool, I have over 30 of them on my truck. Go for about $2.99. They are 12v, i hooked mine into a converter wired into the running lights

20150103_121242_resized.jpg20150117_171447_resized.jpg

sed6

Wowzers, nice! I knew I also wanted to add some side marker lights, and yours up top look great. Anyone else please?

FullSpecial

Helps to have a good friend that's a welder/fabricator and doesn't mind working on something different.
For a few dollars I'm sure they would. Draw out what you want a little small with a Sharpie and grind out to your true dimensions.

sed6

Well it took many months but I finally got back to this project. I decided for now not to cut into the truck and instead add them underneath the bed. I also added some reflective tape to help with visibility, specifically when parked on the street overnight.

20160516_200908.jpg

20160516_180934.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks