• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pick Up Turned Truck

1stDeuce

I saw some reference to this project in a crane thread... Looks really nice!!! The stepside long box looks AWESOME!!! I've only seen one other 80's longbox that was a stepside. I really like the black painted alum wheels too! I have an extra set of those that are going to get that treatment I think...

So what did you do with the remains of the 1008 cab and body, and the old 2wd chassis?

I'm working on a M1008 I bought last year... It'll be military looking, but you've inspired me to get cracking!

C

Lawrence of Arabia

M1028 Revived

I kept the 6.2 in it. The 454 was a 8MPG motor. I traded the cab to a buddy that has a tree farm and he gave me a butt load of trees for it. I have the utility body still for sale. I am putting the 2 wheel drive frame under a 1957 chevy truck I am building for the wife.

I bought the long bed off a guy that had it sitting on a rusted out 1985. I resurrected the bed, but the steps are unavailable, so I had to cut some half ton steps and stretch them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks