• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up my new (to me) deuce tomorrow!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driving in rain is no fun. Glad you made it home okay!
I have tried Rainex and it works pretty well. You have to apply it when the windshield
is dry, though, so get it done ahead of time.
Ordered new wiper blades and arms today, myself, since I too have always had a problem with the stock wipers. Got the NAPA no's from this list, I think, or it may have been the mil-veh one.
Anyway the numbers are 60-750 (arm $17.00/ea) and 60-011-1 (blade $6.50/ea).

rdixiemiller

Let me know how they work. I will difinately be doing away with the stock setup. I think I am going to vent the wiper exhaust outside, the air compressor air smells pretty rank after a while!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, Robert, should have them installed in a few days.
Interesting comment about the vent. I havn't driven my deuce with an enclosed cab for many years and can't recall smelling the exhausted air. With the bikini top there is plenty of ventilation. Now, I have the compressor sucking air from the engine air filter canister, wonder if that would help eliminate some odors...

Desert Rat

Robert,

Does your truck have an alcohol tub and tube going to the compressor? If so this could be another possibility of the odor. I had some in my truck after I put the hard top on. However, I added some alcohol at the enterance vent and it dried up whatever had caused the smell in the first place. Mind you I used isprohol, not Jack Daniels. I didn't need a drunk truck! (This is considered "dry" humor (and the puns just keep on coming!).) BTW, it's REAL early in the morning for me.......

rdixiemiller

I don't have the alcohol evaporator on mine. I may put one on if I find one. I will probably make up a bikini top like Bjorn's as well. Looks like it would be just the ticket in the summer.
Who sells the best quality canvas seat covers for a deuce? Mine are shot on the pax side, I have some torn golf cart seats I can get some really good foam out of.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks