• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of filters and gaskets. Help

Blackmagic94

Ok so the oil filter does have the right gaskets, good to know. How many gallons of oil do I need to replace and what weight would you recommend, i know they used SAE 30 from the factory but I always run Rotella 15w40 and I noticed there is a reg tag on the valve cover saying 15w40.

jasonjc

Gee maybe some one could make up a tag or plate or some thing like that. That could go on like the dash that told you how much oil and the tm numbers and stuff like that so you could know this stuff. Maybe some one could wirte a book like an owner manual for these trucks?? Maybe some one could call Chiltons???

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And to add to all that, please post pictures on this site, and not use links to hosted sites.

That's how we prefer everyone to post pics.

Blackmagic94

I have to read the thread again but I remember skimming some proceedure for reading it properly. But if you would be kind enough to post it up I would love not having to spend 20 minutes on the search tab :razz:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the reason we like members to post pics on site instead of another site is because if the other site goes down, some members have trouble loging in to other sites, some sites require a pass word, ect,ect. the pics can still be had and gotten to by the members

Also it is much easier to read a post AND look at the accompanying pics, then going to sits to site to follow the post, a lot of times not worth the trouble

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda hard to do that when you posting from a cell phone, photobucket it is for that. Is there an issue with photobucket?
Yes there is an issue or I would not have explained what we want(not what you did).

Go to a computer. I simply do not care if your on a phone. This is a web site. use a computer, not a phone. (also mentioned in the rules).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks