• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pink Fluid in Cab; Power steering?

Apoc Bane

Hi Guys,

I get a decent amount of pink fluid that leaks into the cabin from the area of where the steering rod goes through the firewall.

I did a search and see others are saying this is the seals on the hydroboost?

Is the Lucas fluid or fix or a patch?
Should I just replace the hydroboost, if it is that?

Thanks

Varyag

Just fixed the exact same thing in a friend's 6.2 suburban. It was the hydroboost puking fluid out from around the rod. Cost 150 for the part. Fixed it in a couple hours. BTW, the 2 studs that it attaches to the fire wall with are a giant PITA so be ready.

ida34

The unit can go bad without taking out the master so I would say just replace the unit. Then you do not have to bleed the brakes. If you see evidence that your master is bad then get it as a unit but only if you see something wrong with the master cylinder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks