• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pls hemtt

Gunzy

So who managed to get the HEMTTs out of Fort Benning? They were pretty nice 2006 rigs with PLS self loader backs. I would love to have one but came up seriously short on the bidding.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did they go for? I missed the end and I didn't bother to put them on my watch list since a PLS is way out of my league. :grin:

DrillerSurplus

I went over 20,000 on one that was set up for a 50 cal before I came to my senses & did my 12 step rituals to snap out of it - the freight to the West coast would have added a bunch more.

They looked very clean and since they were the A2 they had the newer Allison HD4560 transmission with a higher top speed.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It surprised me those even made it out! Have any sold previously set up for flat racks?

I think the flat racks I have seen for them are all sold for scrap/destroy on GL.

Maybe more coming out?

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least a couple have sold before. You can do a google advanced search and find stuff; just limit the domain to govliquidation.com and use keywords (e.g. PLS, M1074).

Example: http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=4685368

Anything else you are interested in can be found pretty easy this way, for example those MAN (M1014 etc) trucks. I am going to need some sort of 8x8/10x10 at some point myself...

MO MV man

I couldn't stop drooling over the two NICE M985 HEMTT's in the lot at Fort Leonard Wood on Monday when I picked up my M105A2.

Incredible machines.

DrillerSurplus

It surprised me those even made it out! Have any sold previously set up for flat racks?

I think the flat racks I have seen for them are all sold for scrap/destroy on GL.

Maybe more coming out?
I've seen them once in a while, got two MK1077 flat racks about a year and a half ago to use with MK48s. There's been a couple recently on GL that were torn up a little or missing the whole front where the hook engages. They were reparable and still went pretty high.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't get why the racks are such rarities? the PLS/LHS hooks are the same setup that you would see on a dumpster retrieval truck. Now, I would understand a CHU bringing premium money as they aren't extremely common, but for the racks...? I don't get it...