• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible New Purchase

ssdvc

I am looking to purchase a 1009. I have found a candidate, but she is labeled as not running. Could just be a lack of an ignition key or something else.

I have never messed with an older diesel so my ignorant question would be: what should I look at, in order/priorty, to determine what is keeping this beast from firing up?

I have looked the truck over and it isn't too bad. I know some work will be needed, but I was looking for a project to do anyways.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the price of a running Blazer, I'd buy retail. You should be able to find a solid Blazer for $3K.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARC is available, but it is expensive. I suggest Gillespie. It is cheaper, less dangerous to apply, and is really close color-wise.

ssdvc

I do agree that buying on the civi side of the isle would possibly yield a decent deal, but those CUCV's are built fairly tough and I want the diesel set up.

i am looking and if a good deal comes about I am ready. Given the economy, I am sure something will pop up (I hope).

Thanks for the paint info !

charlietango

you can find already running ones (military not civi) for the estimated 3-5K. with diesel

Lucky for you gents there are retailers in the US where you can go test drive and buy a CUCV

48cj2a

I am looking to purchase a 1009. I have found a candidate, but she is labeled as not running. Could just be a lack of an ignition key or something else.

I have never messed with an older diesel so my ignorant question would be: what should I look at, in order/priorty, to determine what is keeping this beast from firing up?

I have looked the truck over and it isn't too bad. I know some work will be needed, but I was looking for a project to do anyways.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back to your original request; I too would like to know where to start and what to look for.

firecontrol86

scrambled

The first thing I would do is throw batteries in it, check fluids and get a key. I have seen quite a few trucks at DRMO that were "not running" because they didnt have keys and were drained of oil and ccolant for storage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks