• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchased a M101-A3

K24 Madness

I purchased a M101-A3 couple weeks ago. I want to thank everyone for contributions to this website over the years. Without all that legacy data I would have made some poor decisions about purchasing a military trailer. I almost bought a M105 by mistake. Even with my 3/4 ton Ram that trail would have proven to be a beast. Certainly overkill for my roof top tent and household utility needs too. Not to mention the axle/brake/tire work needed to be put into service properly.

I know the M101-A3's were plentiful and cheap a few years back but it was not that easy to source one that was not all chopped up today. I paid a bit more than I would have liked and had to travel quite a bit to get it. All in all I am happy with my purchase!

The only downside with this trailer is no tailgate. I am hoping to does not prove to difficult to source. If anyone has a lead on one let me know.

IMG_8811.JPG

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't find a tailgate you can use those universal tailgate nets until
you find what you need or just stick with the net.

Mark

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an NOS tailgate, but it is in Nebraska--- shipping would probably kill the deal......

Z

rocky4by

The 101a3 is the best of the bunch I have had a number of military trailers, and my 101a3 is my favorite, I feel bad I abused it but that's what I bought it for.

K24 Madness

The 101a3 is the best of the bunch I have had a number of military trailers, and my 101a3 is my favorite, I feel bad I abused it but that's what I bought it for.
That's the conclusion I came to as well.

Don't feel bad about abusing it if that's what you bought it for.

I ended up buying a second M101-A3 just for the tailgate. It was priced less than most of the 101-A1's and A2's I've seen locally so I am going to re-sell it to recoup my money and end up with a free tailgate out of the deal. Just not much military stuff for sale here in SF Bay Area. I have yet to see another M101-A3 for sale

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great trailer.
Built like a tank.

Don’t forget to check and repack bearings.
The surplus M101 series were notorious for lack of maintenance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks