• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting letters and #'s on a Deuce

Recht71

Help me out I 've got all the #"s and letters on except I forgot were the (drain air tanks daily) went . I think it goes on the drivers side,I took pictures but didn't get that one. It's a 1970 deuce.I took it down to the frame and now almost ready for the Operation Welcome Home in Auburn IN. the 2nd thru the 6th of July. Any of you in the area it's going to be good . I'll give you a ride in a Deuce that will run 68 mph. Look for the Guntrucks . It's heck to have CRS ( can't remember shuff) Thanks Randy

chuck500cc

RE: Re: Putting letters and #

I was told that mine would go that fast if shoved out of the back of a C-130. Just kidding. I got mad in mine one day chasing a reckless driver and my wife, in hot pursuit, pulled me to the side and wore me out for going 66 MPH. Wasn't the speed so much, maybe all the cough medicine...(Stripes)

Chuck XD Fan

Recht71

Thanks for the lettering imfo I've got a few other e-mails it seems to be either the toolbox door or the tool rack . I was thinking it was on the toolbox door .thinking way back on the tool rack. Probably both ways depnding on the Era. Scooter yes I did put an AUX in and a few other changes Thanks Randy

saddamsnightmare

June 29th, 2008.

Alternate location per sop of the particular unit.... On the bed and frame side rails behind the spaire tire in 1" high lettering, usually in 2 or3 lines, viz:

Drain Air Tanks
Daily

or:
Drain Air
Tanks
Daily

according to space availability or other irregularities on the particular vehicle. Another good one not always seen are the following two:

on side rail of bed above spare TP50 and on front fender (left) Drain Fuel Filters Daily in 1" lettering painted to fit the camouflage scheme. Local Unit variations on the standard lettering schems have probably been around since at least the Roman Legions, eg: "Kilroyus was here" placed by some joker on the ruins at Carthage.....

Probably only George Patton was a stickler for regulations in paint and lettering.... :D

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce.
1968 Johnson Corp. M105A2 Cargo trailer
1967 MEP023A Hercules gas gen-set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB

Alredneck

Banned
APOC will do 65mph on the flats with 395s but on 9r20s thats pushing the multi to frag status!

The -10 has the drain air tanks in it in the after colume so if youre doing a good before during and after, your are Gold

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks