• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Q's about the dreaded Texas Bonded Title

Txtriple

Hey folks...been lurking for awhile just gathering intel. I've been able to answer most of my questions just by reading and searching, but now I could use some help. Here's my story...(and I'm I'm stickin to it).

Back in Nov of last year I pulled the trigger on a 68 Kaiser W/W. Changed a tire and a fuel line and after a three hour road trip she began to grace a rather large section of my driveway. This makes me happy.

Yes, I did the unthinkable. I trusted the guy to send me the title.:doh:

He aquired the deuce from GL through the Boy Scouts somehow, and as such never saw the need to title or register it. He said he had all the paperwork needed and would file for the title, sign it over when it came in and mail it to me. I got the runaround for a couple of months and now he won't return my calls. I visited my local tax assessor and asked for help. They ran the VIN and said no one had applied for a title. Surprise, surprise. So I started the bonded title process.

The TX DMV said I need a VI-30-A (among other things) to apply. I understand that if I REGISTER it as a FMV I don't need an annual safety inspection, but apparently I need one to TITLE it. Is this the case? If so, do I have to meet the criteria for 'Truck over 80 inches' with respect to mud flaps, clearance lights and such?

Thanks in advance for any help/direction.
Erin

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you need to do is mail the dmv the vtr130sof and vtr270. They will send you the rejection letter and valuation shown on an adding machine tape, take this to the tax office with your fmv app and bond. Costs about 400bucks.