• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick alternator question

tmclean

Back again. I decided to take my passenger side alternator apart to figure out why it is not charging. Got inside and found a small spring bouncing around and a broken piece of metal that resembles a magnet just to the left of the resistor. If I did things correctly, I should have a picture attached. Im just wanting to know what the part is called so I can fix this thing.

Attachments

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I follow you correctly , that is the brush/regulator assembly , use a drill or paper clip to hold the brush's in (2 small holes) when you assemble the unit to the rotor . I am not sure what you can "SEE" , but there is not much you can check with out some equipment . Parts are available for these units .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM 9-2320-289-34 has detailed instructions on the alternator and the TM 9-2320-289-34P parts manual has detailed parts list.

When you opened the alternator the brushes popped out. They weren't just flopping around inside.

Get a rebuild kit from www.aspwholesale.com since you already have it apart. Take pictures of each item you remove so you can know how to put it back. You want a Delco 27si type 100 kit.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone has been in the alternator before, the flat blade bolt on the brush holder is not stock.

Last edited:

tmclean

Okay okay I get what im looking at now. It is a remanufactured alt done by CME ARMA, INC. Apologies for my silly questions as this is my first time taking one apart. Id normally just buy a new one and install it but am finding gratification in actually FINDING the problem and fixing it. Its a little easier on the wallet as well. Ill rebuild it and see if that solves my charging problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks