• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Driveshaft Mod Help

melbatoast

I recently blew up my NP208 and replaced it with an NP241 from an '89 Suburban. This NP241 has a slip-yoke eliminator kit installed so that the rear output flange (cv?) looks identical to the front output flange. Also the same flange as the NP208 front output. So I went and installed it. It's stuck in a town 4 hours from here until I can drive it home. I forgot to measure the rear output flange before I left and the driveshaft shop wants exact measurements of my rear output bolt circle and whatnot. I figured it would be common info at a driveshaft shop but they didn't seem to know. Does anybody know what kind of connection I can tell the shop to put on there? Also do I need a double cardan cv in there? My truck is not lifted. Thanks!

It looks like the picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

melbatoast

I thought about that but I'm in Fort Collins, Colorado and my truck is in Kremmling, CO on the other side of the continental divide. I might have a hard time on the roads with only front wheel drive.

bchesley

Nah, you would be fine. You really only want the front pulling anyways. I say go for it. I know I am from Texas, but I have driven in just about every kind of weather there is and snow with front wheel drive is totally doable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks