• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear view mirror question

garm

I have the hard top on my M37. Has anyone installed/added a rear view mirror? How did you go about that?
I figure there's a spot just above the windshield to mount one.

I like the side mirrors ok but I also like to know who's about to hit me. Thanks

M-37Bruce

I made a bracket that holds a convex/panoramic mirror, I might have a picture of it on my profile page, if not I'll post one here if I find one?

garm

Every little bit helps. I think I get the idea. I was going to mount it above that in the hard top, but I like your way better.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
This is an easy quick way to add a correct military rear view mirror on most all of the MVs. Go here and buy this mirror... https://www.armyjeepparts.com/p-2663-rear-view-mirror-rectangular-2540-00-054-7201.aspx ... Get into the truck and make sure you have the cab top you are going to use the mirror with on the truck. Rear windows are a little different on some cab tops. Hold the mirror up next to the center windshield support and position the mirror where you want it, to see the view you want. Mark the spot that the support bolt touches the center support. Drill a hole to allow you to tap a 1/4 inch National fine hole. Tap the hole. Get a 1/4 inch NF jam nut and put it on the mounting bolt. Screw the mounting bolt in the hole and then tighten the bolt with the jam nut..........CAUTION.... do not use your gorilla tightening ability on the jam nut.

I have used this installment plan on many trucks and have had no problems with the mirror malfunctioning in any way.

By the way. One could find these mirrors all over the surplus places a few years ago for $9.99. Now getting hard to find one so I would get right on it if you really want the mirror.

NOTE Found this source for the mirror after my original post. Better price. Pull down the page and you will find it. http://www.sprucemtsurplus.com/m35.html

Attachments

Last edited:

garm

yeah that's perfect. Ordered. What's 1/4 "National"? 1/4-20? Obviously, whatever the mirror thread size/pitch is.

Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks