• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reasons to NOT get a M916?

Hammer

You sir are a tease!
I bid a few up a ways, but it went past my current $ limit.
Darn it, I hate being responsible...

Albin

You guys are going to get me in trouble with my wife if she finds out I'm looking at mil-vehicles!

There's an Army base not too far away that has at least seven M916s coming up for auction.

If any of you out-of-towners want me to go look at them, let me know. I don't know M916s very well, if at all, but I can take pics and talk to the guys and see if they can shed any light on their condition. Just let me know.

Al

P.S. I hope this isn't a violation of the site rules, if so, I'll pull the offer.

Thanks,

Al

I bought a M920 with 8 brand new tires, and drove it home (about 1.5 hours from home), paid $8K and an AR-15.

Sold the 8 new tires for $2400
Installed 53" Michelins ($600 + a 5-ton rear axle)
sold rear winch for $1800
installed deuce bed ($650 with side boards)

I can't complain for what I have in mine, every one I have seen on GL have gone for more than I would want to spend, mine needs some work, but the fact it was close to home and from a private seller helped me out on getting one.

I haven't driven it much but I can say for a fact the power is WAY better than a 5-ton, although acceleration is pathetic with the CAT 16 speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks