• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registration for NC deuce with Bill of Sale

northwood81

Hello, I ran into an opportunity to purchase a nice m35a2 from georgia. It looks nice but the seller can only offer a bill of sale. My question is can i still register and tag it in the state of NC? IF so, how compliated is it? (I just moved from VA to NC). Thanks!

Chief_919

Does he have just a bill of sale, or a bill of sale + a registration?

Bill of sale+registration from a state that doesn't title older vehicle and you will be fine.

Bill of sale with zero paperwork from the state it is coming from and you will have a hassle with the DMV and likely have to go through the proccess of bonding it and having the DMV inspect and verify the VIN.

FrankUSMC

I am with Chief on this, if the truck has a registration from Georgia, yes, make sure it is in the name of the guy selling it to you, just like you would do a title.
Bill of sell, no, I would not touch it. I think you can find a truck here in North Carolina or closer with the correct paper work.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

CGarbee

Bill of sale from a GA resident will require that you obtain your NC title by bond... Not a hard process (it is described on my website), but you may want to look for one with a transferable title...depending on cost and condition of the truck...

If you have questions about the process, give me a buzz and I'll try to answer them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting current ebay auctions is against the site rules. Please take a few minutes and read the rules so you are familiar with them.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
God I have an A3 ,in the classifieds. I have a NC title and mine isnt a POS. Cabell and Frank are right. Id ask for a title even with that NC will still require a VIN verification. , Jay

P.S. Il even help deliver it.

Edit- PM replied to.

Last edited: