• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing windows in M109.

sarge_3ad

I am converting the van to a camper and thinking of having camper slider windows built for my M109 van. I would screw the outer frames in place so I can continue to use the blackout shields. Anyone else here ever did this? Is it pricey?

sarge_3ad

I have been looking on the internet for RV windows and it seems that these square type, (24hX21w) windows have to be custom built. I requested a quote from one place and they came back with a quote of over $800 per window. To heck with that!

So I called a local camper factory, (small one in a very small town, and I've known the owner for years), and he said that no one makes that size of camper window. The closest is a 24"x18". However, he makes alot of auctioneer boothes that go into a back of a pickup, and he told me of a local Amish guy who builds these windows for the auctioneer booths.

I have contacted this Amish guy, and we are going to set a time to meet. So the story continues. I will post more as we go along.

Ron