• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road Trip---Chicago to Port Huron MI.

DanDan

Hello Everyone:

In the next few days I will be picking up an M35A2 in Chicago and driving to Port Huron, MI. I was wondering if anyone could offer some driving tips, preferred routes, etc... Google Maps only goes so far...

The truck is in great shape and I have a CDL (although not needed) so I should be able to handle any minor bumps along the way but I wondered if someone could recommend some recovery people in case I need a tow. Also I was wondering about rest/fuel stops and perhaps some good (cheap :) ) motels in case I have to stop. I do have Arthritis that may act up.

Any thoughts that anyone could offer are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

6x6TRex

I live right off of I-69, the easiest way would be I-94 to I-69. There's a couple towing companies in Lansing, I'd send him a pm but Propower has a wrecker and Moshers in Perry has a 5 ton wrecker but be prepared to spend $$$$. Lansing would pry be the best spot for a motel, I'd stay out of Flint lol.

There is quite a few members around the Lansing area.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in Livonia Michigan and could help if you needed it. Be sure to check all the fluids in the truck before you go. Changing fuel filters wouldnt be a bad idea either if you dont know how they are and if you have the tools. Anyway, I have a tow bar if you got in a jam and were somewhat close by. 74M35A2 also live in Livonia here and has a M925A2 and would do a great job towing your truck if you needed it. Ill send you a PM with my contact information.